Summary of me and my blog

Hi, My name is Tim Wright, and this is my blog. Please feel free to comment, you do not have to have any kind of account.

Now you can subscribe by email to my blog by typing in your email address below!!!!

Key Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Gospel of John, Day 15: ch. 2, vv. 13-17


13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[c]

The money-changers at the temple were using a place devoted to God for their own selfish benefits and purposes. Are you using the title of Christian or using church simply to benefit yourself or increase your reputation? If so, don't be surprised if the tables turn on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment